(Last Updated on November 2023)
CPO Track is a community for product leaders and executives. Safety and privacy are very important for us as a company. This means that we’ll protect the personal information of all visitors who access our websites or services through any mobile application, platform or device (collectively, the “Services”).
This privacy notice (“Privacy Notice”) explains how we collect, share, and use your personal information. You’ll also find information about how you can exercise your privacy rights. By using our Services you agree to us using your personal information as set out in this Privacy Notice. The terms “we”, “us” or “our” are each intended as reference to CPO Track and any terms not defined in this Privacy Notice are defined in our Terms.
1. Information we collect from you and why
The main information that we’ll collect from you is when you apply for the CPO Track membership. We might also send you feedback surveys from time to time.
In the future, we might collect email addresses from those who sign up to our newsletter. If we do a sponsored event, the sponsor might have access to your email address, but nothing more than that.
For billing purposes, we’ll use your email address.
Our website uses Google Analytics to track user behaviour; we use this insight to improve our customer experience.
Cookies and similar technologies are used to measure and analyse the use and effectiveness of our Services; customise and optimise the targeting of advertising for our Services across other websites and platforms; and provide location services if you choose to share your geo-location.
2. Who we share personal information with
We may share your personal information with the following recipients (and whenever we do, we will ensure that we have appropriate security and contractual safeguards in place to protect it):
- Third parties who undertake various activities to promote, market or support our Services. This includes social media platforms like LinkedIn, website and application support and hosting providers, marketing service providers, CRM systems, and payment processing providers (including payment and card service providers) which process payment card transactions – any of these third parties might be inside or outside your country of residence;
- Any law enforcement or regulatory body, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary under applicable law or regulations;
- New owners or re-organised entities in the event of a business restructuring, sale, purchase or joint venture affecting our business.
- Any other person provided that you have given your consent. We will never sell, distribute or otherwise share your personal information unless we have your permission.
3. Legal basis for processing personal information
We will always make sure we have a legal basis to collect and use your personal information. The legal basis we rely on will change depending on the type of information and the context in which we collect it. Our main reason for collecting and using your personal information is to perform our contract with you (i.e. to make sure you get your subscription if your application is approved), but we may also process it where it is in our legitimate business interests to do so.
4. International data transfers
We place great importance on protecting your information from and against unauthorised access and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. We implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard such information.
6. Data retention
We will retain your personal information for no longer than is necessary to fulfill the purposes described in this Privacy Notice. We may also retain certain elements of your personal information for a period after you delete or deactivate your account for our legitimate operations such as record keeping and to comply with our legal obligations. Whenever we retain your information we will do so in compliance with applicable laws.
7. Your data protection rights
You can access our community app (we use a third party app called “Guild”) at any time to review and update your personal information. You can also contact us to ask us to delete your personal information, restrict its processing or request that it be ported to a third party. You also have the right to unsubscribe from the marketing communications we send you by using the unsubscribe functionality in any marketing communication you receive from us or by amending your profile accordingly.
8. Links to third-party sites
Our website contains links to and from third-party websites (our partners and sponsors). If you follow these links, please be aware that we are not responsible or liable for these third-party websites which will have their own privacy policies.
9. Updates to this Privacy Notice
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time in response to changing legal, technical or business developments. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
10. How to contact us
If you have any questions or concerns about this Privacy Notice and our privacy practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org